Aims and Ethos
At Chandlings we foster self-belief, promote curiosity and build resilience. Our children are inspired to be resourceful, adaptable and creative, in an environment where we balance opportunity with wellbeing. They are given the time and space to be children, within a community that celebrates diversity and individuality.
Our approach combines a rigorous academic programme with outstanding pastoral care and support. Our children are truly special young people who display confidence, compassion and creativity, coupled with an excellent academic and social grounding.
"Children learn how to be respectful and at the same time be confident and empowered." Parent
Chandlings is a friendly and vibrant community where children are happy, secure and confident. We have supportive and engaged families, positive relationships and purposeful learning experiences.
We create this ethos and achieve these aims by:
- Providing a warm, happy, family atmosphere
- Ensuring all children are valued and cared for as individuals
- Providing a challenging educational experience through a broad, balanced and enriching curriculum
- Offering high quality teaching that motivates and inspires pupils to be their best and have a lifelong love of learning
- Encouraging children to be curious, creative and independent
- Celebrating success and achievement
- Generating opportunities for leadership
- Sharing a child’s education with their parents; encouraging active involvement
- Encouraging and living by the School’s values:
- Treat other people as you would like to be treated
- Be courageous
- Be honest and live with integrity
- Listen to others
- Be kind and helpful
- Have modesty and humility
- Do your best to be your best